Rental with the right to buy is a mixed agreement consisting of two subcontracts, one…
One of the easiest ways to obtain Spanish residency is through the GOLDEN VISA programme. This is an investor visa that allows non-European citizens to obtain Spanish residency legally in Spanish territory for a period of 2 years, with the possibility of extending it for an additional 5 years if they can prove that they continue to own the asset that was the object of the investment.
Therefore, we are talking about a simple and quick mechanism aimed at all those citizens from outside the European Union who want to move to Spanish territory only by making a significant investment in Spanish territory.
How can I obtain an investor visa?
In order to apply for the Golden Visa in Spain, the interested person can choose to invest in one of the following options:
- Purchase of Real Estate for a minimum value of 500,000 euros. This means that, in order to obtain the Golden Visa, this amount has to be in cash, however, any amount exceeding this sum can be through external financing, that is, for example, by signing a bank loan.
- Purchase shares in a Spanish company to the value of 1 million euros.
- Public debt to the value of EUR 2 million.
- Bank deposits in Spanish financial institutions to the value of 1 million euros.
- Project of general interest for Spain and that this is considered to be of general interest for the country. The general interest report will be requested from the Directorate General for Trade and Investment. There is no minimum amount, but it is assessed according to its impact on the general interest.
How do I prove the investment?
The applicant must prove that the investment has been made. The documentation to be submitted varies according to the type of investment.
- Public debt: certificate from the financial institution or the Bank of Spain.
- Unlisted shares. Proof of registration of the investment in the Foreign Investment Register of the Directorate General for International Trade and Investment.
- Listed shares. Certificate of financial intermediary registered with the National Securities Market Commission or the Bank of Spain.
- Investment funds: certificates from the management entity.
- Bank deposits: certificate from the financial institution.
- Real estate: proof of registration in the Land Registry and title deed. If there is a deposit contract, it must be formalised in a public deed. The certificate must not be older than 90 days.
- Business project: favourable report from the Directorate General for International Trade and Investments.
What additional benefits are there?
The visa and authorisation for non-EU foreigners has the following characteristics:
- Legal residence. It is valid for working and residing throughout Spanish territory.
- Includes family members: spouse or common-law partner, minor children or children who are economically dependent on the holder, dependent ascendants.
- Fast deadlines. The visa is granted in 10 days and the residence and work permit in 20 days.
- Schengen Area. Allows you to travel to the 26 European countries.
Can I apply for the Golden Visa if I bought the property in the year before I apply for this residence permit?
There would be no problem. The only requirement is that you bought the property after 2014, the year in which the Entrepreneurs Law that regulates the Golden Visa came into force.
In conclusion, we can say that the Golden Visa is a quick and simple mechanism that allows you to work and live legally in Spain. It is the only residence permit that grants the opportunity to live for at least 2 years in Spain and provides total freedom of movement throughout the Schengen area for the investor and his/her family members.
If you are interested in obtaining your Golden Visa, do not hesitate to contact us. You can call us, send us a whatsApp or send us an email.